ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tan Thor Jen" <thor-jen....@kesoft.com.sg>
Subject Developed extended jar and weblogic ejbc task
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 08:02:35 GMT
Hi all,

  I've recently developed an extended jar/zip task and a better
weblogic.ejbc compiler task while working on my current project. With both
tasks, it makes it easy to generate weblogic ejb files with ant in a
"natural" manner. Both tasks will run only if their targets are out of date.

I'd like to contribute the code to the ant project if it's useful. The
source code is attached to this mail, feel free to comment.

sg.com.kesoft.anttask.ExtendedJarTask:

Similar to the jar task in that it's purpose is to generate a jar file. It
has a few more features which we required: -
- merge multiple jar files together (ala jlink)
- merge a single file into as a different entry name and perform filtering
(for merging ejb-jar.xml into a META-INF/ directory)
- rebuild the output jar only if it's out of date with the input jars

example usage:-

  <extjar jarfile="passbook.jar">
    <fileset dir="src" includes="**/*.class"/>
    <mergejar jarfile="formatter.jar"/>
    <mergefile file="etc/ejb-jar.xml" dest="META-INF/ejb-jar.xml"/>
    <mergefile
      file="etc/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml"
      dest="META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml"
      filtering="true"/>
  </extjar>

creates passbook.jar from a fileset, another jar (formatter.jar) and two xml
files, performing filtering on one of them.

sg.com.kesoft.anttask.EjbcJarTask:

Calls the weblogic.ejbc compiler if the destfile is out of date with respect
to the source file.

  <ejbcjar classpathref="weblogic.class.path"
    srcfile="mq-forwarder.jar"
    destfile="weblogic-mq-forwarder.jar"/>

regards,
  tj tan