ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Don't understand ejb-jar examples.
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 10:40:04 GMT
From: "Robert Nicholson" <robert@elastica.com>
> Why is the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml descriptor _excluded_?
>
> <ejbjar srcdir="${build.classes}"
>             descriptordir="${descriptor.dir}"
>             basejarname="TheEJBJar">
>       <weblogic destdir="${deploymentjars.dir}"
>                 classpath="${descriptorbuild.classpath}"/>
>       <include name="**/ejb-jar.xml"/>
>       <exclude name="**/weblogic*.xml"/>
> </ejbjar>

ejbjar processes only generic deployment descriptors. If you feed it a
weblogic deployment descriptor it will, ahh, barf.

> So the idea is to always build a generic jar and use a nested element
> to build a vendors server jar?

Yep. The nested element for weblogic is able to determine the weblogic
deployment descriptor based on the naming conventions for. That is why it
is not a problem to exclude the weblogic descriptor.

> Using this example will the weblogic descriptor get included or not?
>
>     <ejbjar srcdir="${build.classes}"
>             descriptordir="${descriptor.dir}"
>             basejarname="TheEJBJar">
>       <weblogic destdir="${deploymentjars.dir}"
>                 classpath="${descriptorbuild.classpath}"/>
>       <include name="**/ejb-jar.xml"/>
>       <exclude name="**/weblogic*.xml"/>
>     </ejbjar>

should be OK.

> If I'm not mistaken I'm assuming ejbjar is simply not vendor specific but
> the
> nested weblogic element knows to look for weblogic descriptors and
include
> them.

Yes..

> This would make sense as obviously once can then add vendor nested
> extensions
> to the ejbjar element.
>
> Here's question. How do you specify multiple srcdir's?

Currently you can't.

> If you look at the following Petstore rule you'll see they copy both util
> and customer classes from the same level into the buildjar directory. It
> would appear that I would
> have to do the same in order to specify a common directory that contains
> both sets
> of classes. If I was able to specify mutiple sources I wouldn't have to
do
> to this.

True.

Conor