ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Too many files for the ANT build HELP!!
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 19:15:00 GMT

  From: L.C. Oliver
  To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 5:17 PM
  Subject: Too many files for the ANT build HELP!!

  I am currently using VSS as source code tool.  There is a lot of legacy code in VSS that
we don't really use any more but I don't really know what to keep and what to trash.  So,
when I do a recursive get from VSS I seem to get MORE THAN enough files for make the build.
 Then I spend more time deleting files/directories from my ANT project than it takes to make
the build.  How do I get ANT to consistently only take the files necessary for the build .
 Oh yeah, I have asked development about which files are needed and they don't know either.
 They tell me to go back to Visual Cafe for the build.

  Please let me know what I am doing wrong and how to get ANT fixed once and for all.

At first you need to tell us seomthing more about your environment:

- what JDK are you using to run Ant
- which Compiler
- Are you sure the problem is (if I understood that correctly) too many files for the compiler?
Why?

Nico