ant-user mailing list archives

From "Suu Quan" <sq...@wwc.com>
Subject Re: regexp mapper problem
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 16:55:02 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: regexp mapper problem

> To use <mapper> with type="regexp", you need to have one of the jar-files
> that contains the classes it works with (eg., jakarta-oro-2.0.2.jar).
> That's why jakarta-regexp and jakarta-ORO are links in the doc (but I
> guess the doc could be a bit more clear).

Got it to work (again, old news Diane. Thanks)
But I have to disagree with you: Docs are supposed to confuse you, so you
make the wrong turns, end up in the ditch, then the hospital, then you learn
something.
That's why I read the docs at 100mph, and most people don't even bother.
We're rational people, and that is our rationale.

By the way, between the jakarta regexp and ORO's regexp, would someone
recommend one of them and why?
I chose jakarta's regexp because its jar file is 30k, half of ORO's 78K.

tia