ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Graham" <...@bigpond.com>
Subject Re: Using System Environment variables
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 08:10:48 GMT
The most common way of doing this is to pass the environment variables in on
the command line, using the '-D' option.

I don't know any other way of getting access to environment variables from
within the build script.

Regards
Stephen Graham.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Perry Hunchak" <phunchak@palmtreebusiness.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 12:27 AM
Subject: Using System Environment variables

Is there any way to use the system environment variables (for windows)
in the build.xml file ant uses?

I currently use specify my tomcat home by pointing to the file system
path

example:
  <property name="tomcat.home" value="d:/java/tomcat3.2.1"/>

But I'd like to just use the system environment variable so I could use
this on different servers

example:
  <property name="tomcat.home" value="Tomcat_Home"/>

Is there any way to do this?