ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Passing a property value by reference in an ant task
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:49:03 GMT
M. A. Dunphy <madunphy@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> here's the full listings. The first xml file is the master file and
> that inturn calls the child xml file.

OK, I see.  Problem is, that data types defined in a build file are
not inherited by subbuilds - this limitation will dissapear at some
point, but right now there is not much you can do.

A workaround would be to define a property from your path in the
parent build file, this one is going to be passed down to your
subbuilds as well - and you come back to a "real" path via
<pathelement path="${my-dummy-property}" />.

Stefan