ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: How Install Ant ?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:26:53 GMT
Samuzeau Pascal <> wrote:

> I'm new in using ant and in unix environment.

Which Unix?

> Yesterday, I've tried, by 3 times, to download the gz file of ant
> 1.3.
> I did an unzip first and a tar xvf which this file.

gunzip, yes?

Which version of tar are you using?  The release files can only be
extracted using GNU tar, as it contains files with names longer than
100 chars (and there is no compatible way to store them).

If you don't have GNU tar, please try the zip archive of the release.
This can be extracted using "jar xf".

> I've read the install.html, and I saw thatt I've to run the

Not really - this is for building/installing from sources.

View raw message