ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Reposted: Re: FileSet
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:02:41 GMT
Lance Peterson <> wrote:

> The Javadoc task's sourcefiles attrib doesn't seem to accept regular
> expressions or wildcards.

> And I really don't like having to revise build.xml every time I add
> a new class to my project.

You only need to do that if your documentation is supposed to include
only some of the classes.  See Ant's own task for example:

    <javadoc packagenames="org.apache.*" ...

and no sourcefiles at all. This will automatically grab all classes
int the packages in question.  If you want to exclude some packages
completely, there is an (undocumented) excludepackagenames attribute
in Ant 1.3 - documentation from recent CVS applies to the javadoc task
in the last release as well (in this case).

View raw message