ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Symbolic Links recursion
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 05:50:01 GMT
John Fisher <fisher23@llnl.gov> wrote:

> I played around with the 'excludes' tag, but I couldn't come up with
> a combination that works. I'm suspecting that symbolic links are
> followed, even though the exclusion pattern is already matched. Am I
> correct?

symbolic links shouldn't be any special for pattern matching, I don't
think the code involved there uses getCanonicalPath which would expand
symlinks.

Could you give us an example of the file structure you have to deal
with and a set of patterns that doesn't work?

> Browsing through ant-user and ant-dev, it looks like a patch was
> suggested at one time to solve this, but was rejected.

Yes, now that you bring up the subject ...  AFAIR this patch has
been submitted around the time we had a feature freeze for Ant 1.3 -
and probably got lost/forgotten after the release.  I'm going to look
into it again.

Stefan