ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Abbey <cab...@bresnanlink.net>
Subject Re: [Jikes] Assertion failed - lookup.cpp, line 284
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:14:07 GMT
Today, Sing HU wrote:
> When I try to compile a project using ant 1.3 and jikes 1.12 on Windows NT my "BUILD
FAILED". However when switching the compiler to
> use Javac ( JDK 1.3 - classic ) the "BUILD SUCCEEDED". The problem is
> coming from Jikes and is due to an assertion failure in lookup.cpp. I
> can't find any references in the mail archives.

hmmm... I'm not sure which mail archives you were looking in, but this is
a well known and discussed jikes bug... we just recently got a testcase
for it and some preliminary analysis has begun. The bug you'll want to
monitor is number 406:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=406&group_id=10

--
now the forces of openness have a powerful and
  unexpected new ally - http://ibm.com/linux