ant-user mailing list archives

From Mikko Kurki-Suonio <max...@neuslab.fi>
Subject Re: Includes within ANT
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:58:19 GMT
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Baldry, Scot M wrote:

> instead I would like to include something like "infra.xml" within every
> build file - this will ensure that the entire tree build with consistent
> infrastructure. Short of writing my own task I can't see how I can achieve
> this. The "ant" task seems to assume things work the other way round - I
> will call all targets from a master build.xml script and the environment
> will be exported into the sub projects.

I've done something a bit like this for us.

It relies on the "will look for build.xml in parent directory" feature,
which I believe was made not default in the recent releases.

Thus, you have one top level build.xml with pretty much everything. The
actual package dirs have only short data files describing the package and
possible a small set of private rules.

This approach has numerous shortcomings, but it works for us.

//Mikko