ant-user mailing list archives

From Anders Henriksson <>
Subject RE: Yet another missing junit task...
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:54:21 GMT
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, KC Baltz wrote:
>I suspect this isn't your problem though, since it seems to fail to
>acknowlege the <junit> task at all.  Go ahead and post the relevant section
>of your build.xml so we can see how you've set it up.

I have found a workaround for my problem, and that is to place
a taskdef for junit in build.xml like this:

<project name="src" default="build" basedir=".">

<taskdef name="junit"

This, of course, should not be necessary, but it works. So, the junit
task class is in optional.jar (the binary download) and it works. There
is an entry in for junit in ant.jar, but still it
is not acknowledged when running. I have not yet had enough time to
find the cause of this problem. Is this just a problem with that
particular binary release, or does it exist in the source distribution
as well?

I used the binary release from
(the .tar.gz + optional.jar)

"My doctor recommends a diet high in questionable moral fiber!"
    -- Aylee, Sluggy Frelance <>

View raw message