ant-user mailing list archives

From PDJul...@ThoughtWorks.COM
Subject Re: Calling Ant from a Java Class
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 03:36:20 GMT

Paul Julius
ThoughtWorks, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From:           Boris Debic [SMTP:debic@epiphany.com]
Sent:           Tuesday, April 03, 2001 7:20 PM
To:        'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject:        Calling Ant from a Java Class

Hi there,

What would be the right way to call ant tasks from Java, instead of doing
it
from shell or batch files.
I am thinking about adding a new class that would essentially be a copy of
Main.java but without the system.exit()'s. I was hoping to set it up in
such
a way that we can catch build exceptions directly in a top level driver
class.

Does anyone see any problems with this approach? Has anyone done something
similar?

Thanks.
Boris Debic.