ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Gerken" <John_Ger...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Target not executing and Updating jar files
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:25:03 GMT
Hi All,

A couple questions please:

1) I'm confused regarding the execution of targets.  The manual states that
"If no if and no unless attribute is present, the target will always be
executed."  Yet I've got an instance where if I specify a certain
dependency via "depends=" then my target doesn't seem to execute.  If I
specify other dependencies instead of this one that fails, things seem to
work ok.  Is there something about a target which can cause a target which
depends on it to not execute?

2) Is it possible to update, or add new files to an existing jar file using
the jar task, or must I recreate the entire jar from scratch?

Thanks,
John Gerken
Web Services Toolkit Development
IBM Emerging Technologies Software Group
John_Gerken@us.ibm.com