ant-user mailing list archives

From Andrew.Goodno...@dana.com
Subject Re: Using JDKs with jar files
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:59:59 GMT

The only way I know of to accomplish this would be to use two separate
build files instead of two separate targets.  It would be nice to be able
to specify the JDK to use (overriding the project attribute) for a specific
java command like (java, javac, etc.).

Andy

****************************
Andrew Goodnough
Dana Commercial Credit
Programmer

                    Pinar Bicioglu

                    logue.com>                     cc:

                                                   Subject:     Using JDKs with jar files

                    04/10/2001 01:57 PM

                    Please respond to

                    ant-user

Let's say that I have two targets in my "build.xml" file, abc.jar and
xyz.jar. The relationship between .jar files as below;

                                          foo.java --> test.class
(On the server side) target1
--------->  abc.jar
---> uses JDK1.3
                                          bar.java --> bar.class

                                          test.java --> test.class
(On the client side) target2
---------> xyz.jar
---> uses JDK1.1.8
                                          bar.java --> bar.class

What I am trying to do is to make sure that bar.java uses JDK1.3 and then
JDK1.1.8. I need to get an output or something like that as a proof :)

Thanks for your help,