ant-user mailing list archives

From DLI...@steelcase.com
Subject VSSGET Update
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:47:00 GMT
After further investigation it appears my GET is working just fine.  I was not
specifying the correct directory for my files in localPath.  I also confirmed
that the space in Test Project does not make a difference.   Get worked on
Test Project and Test_Project.

>If I understand your question correctly using "/Test Project/src" as your
vssPath

Correct.

 (I don't know if it works if something contains spaces, but in
general it works quite well) should do what you want.

The space does not seem to cause a problem when specifying the top level
$Project by name.  i.e. \Test Project as opposed to \Test Project\src.

The following target using /Test Project in vsspath works as expected.  It
gets all of the files in all of the directories in VSS.

	<target name="checkout" depends="create_dist_dir">
	<vssget localPath="D:\projects\test"
		recursive="true"
		login="user,password"
		vsspath="/Test Project"
		writable="false"/>
	</target>

Here is the screen output from Ant.

checkout:
   [vssget] $/Test Project:
   [vssget] $/Test Project/docs:
   [vssget] Getting Doc01.txt
   [vssget] Getting Doc02.txt
   [vssget]
   [vssget] $/Test Project/src:
   [vssget] Getting HelloWorldDjl.java
   [vssget] Set D:\projects\test as the default folder for project    $/Test
Project?(Y/N)N
   [vssget]

If I change my vsspath setting to /Test Project/src to try and get only those
files in the /src directory I encounter a problem.

<target name="checkout" depends="create_dist_dir">
	<vssget localPath="D:\projects\test"
		recursive="true"
		login="user,password"
		vsspath="/Test Project/src"  <---Added /src
		writable="false"/>
	</target>

Here is the screen output from Ant.

checkout:
   [vssget] $/Test Project/src:
   [vssget] Getting HelloWorldDjl.java
   [vssget]
   [vssget] Folder D:\Temp\src not found, create?(Y/N)N
   [vssget] Set D:\projects\test as the default folder for project    $/Test
Project/src?(Y/N)N

The get seems to select the proper file (HelloWorldDjl.java) but the working
directory specified in localPath is incorrect.  The files should be placed in
d:\projects\test as specified in the target and not d:\temp which is the
default working directory in VSS.  HelloWorldDjl.java ends up in my current
directory with my build.xml.

OS is NT 4.0/SP6.

Any thoughts?

David