ant-user mailing list archives

From John.D.Ca...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Re: questions about <property file="">
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:14:13 GMT
I would say that there's alot of value in what neologic is trying to
do...if this feature doesn't work the way he outlined, maybe it
should...IMHO

John

-----Original Message-----
From: nico [mailto:nico@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 5:59 PM
To: ant-user
Cc: nico
Subject: Re: questions about <property file="">

----- Original Message -----
From: "Son of Mojo JoJo" <neologic@jabberwock.wonderland.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 12:41 AM
Subject: questions about <property file="">

> essentially, id like to set an environment variable and a few
variables
based on
> this
>
> heres what i have in the file:
>
> environment=myenv
> built=${MYENV.targetroot}
> src=${MYENV.srcroot}
>
> srcroot and tragetroot are set in the shell before any builds are run
>
> can anyone explain to me what is not working with this and how i can
remedy the
> problem"?

No, I can just suggest the "right" way to do that :-)

<property environment="MYENV"/>
<property name="built" value="${MYENV.targetroot}"/>
<property name="src" value="${MYENV.srcroot}"/>

<property file="..:"/> is only meant to read "static" definitions from
the
property file.

Nico