ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <>
Subject Setting up the BuildMonitor listener
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:52:22 GMT
Please excuse the newbie question, but this has been driving me bonkers for
the last couple of days....

I'm attempting to configure the BuildMonitor listener provided by Will
Glozer.  Here are the steps I performed:

1.  Compile the code

2.  Create a jar with the BuildMonitor.class and place it in my Ant lib
directory.  Here are the contents
          0 Thu Apr 19 13:36:16 PDT 2001 META-INF/
    71 Thu Apr 19 13:36:16 PDT 2001 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
   3515 Wed Apr 25 17:53:40 PDT 2001 ./BuildMonitor.class

3.  Create the file in the same directory as my build

Now, when I execute the following command:

ant -logfile build.log -listener BuildMonitor

I get the following error in the log file:
Buildfile: build.xml

Unable to instantiate listener BuildMonitor
--- Nested Exception ---
        at java.util.Properties.load(
        at BuildMonitor.<init>(
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(
        at, Compiled

        at, Compiled Code)

Total time: 0 seconds

To me, it appears that it's not finding the  If so, then
my question is where should this property file be located w.r.t to the
invocation of Ant?

Any ideas?

View raw message