ant-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Kenneth Albert (Kenneth)** CTR **" <ken...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:13:44 GMT
FYI - I have VSS installed locally as well as on the remote machine.  When I
run my build script the vss.exe on the remote machine is executed.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Seessle [mailto:nico@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 5:03 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: pulling out the code from SourceSafe

----- Original Message -----
From: Liu, Kenneth  <mailto:kenliu@lucent.com> Albert (Kenneth)** CTR **
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org <mailto:ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 10:37 PM

Hi all -

Here's a slightly modified snippet of my build.xml that I use to pull down
code from sourcesafe  (I replaced
my app specific parameters) into the "src" dir in the current directory.
The VSS directory on the remote machine is shared (Windows file sharing).  I
don't think this relies on any environment variables to work.

I hope this clears up a lot of confusion for you guys.

Or it introduces more confusion. All that stuff depends on how VSS got
installed. If you do a local installtion you need that environment variable
sometimes (Seems not to be the case if the installation is done with
netsetup).

Nico