ant-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Kenneth Albert (Kenneth)** CTR **" <ken...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:37:23 GMT
Hi all -

Here's a slightly modified snippet of my build.xml that I use to pull down
code from sourcesafe  (I replaced
my app specific parameters) into the "src" dir in the current directory.
The VSS directory on the remote machine is shared (Windows file sharing).  I
don't think this relies on any environment variables to work.

I hope this clears up a lot of confusion for you guys.

Ken

<target name="refresh.source.files">
    <property name="vss.dir" value="\\RemoteMachine\VSS\win32"/>
    <property name="target.vss.project" value="/PROJECT/SUBPROJECT/src"/>
    <echo message="getting latest code for ${target.vss.project} from source
control..."/>
    <vssget localPath="src" autoresponse="y" recursive="true" login="build"
vsspath="${target.vss.project}" writable="false" ssdir="${vss.dir}"/>
</target>

-----Original Message-----
From: Dana Rice [mailto:Dana.Rice@exodus.net]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 4:00 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe

Lance,
thanks for the clarification. The problem I seem to be having is that I have
two databases. One is an apparent default one which has the path of the ss
executable on my machine. The other is the database I want which is on
another machine. I can't get vssget to look at the remote machine, it only
finds the default database.