ant-user mailing list archives

From "Macey, Ian" <ian.ma...@cazenove.com>
Subject package puzzle
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:59:13 GMT

Am confused... I have a project which I've been building with
Ant for some time. The classes have been at the default
package level.

Have just changed my classes to be in a named package.
The still project builds correctly, but it *always* compiles,
even when it is up to date!

Can return my project to normal (ie Ant only compiles .java
files when they are newer than their .class files) by simply
removing the "package com.x.y;" statements from the .java
files.

Any ideas why I'm having package problems?

Ian

CAZENOVE & CO.

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE:

This communication is for the attention of the
named recipient only and should not be passed
on to any other person. Information relating to
any company or security, is for information
purposes only and should not be interpreted as
a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
The information on which this communication is based
has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change
without notice.