ant-user mailing list archives

From "Macey, Ian" <ian.ma...@cazenove.com>
Subject Make Dependencies
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 12:39:03 GMT
How can I tell Ant that there is a dependency between two
.java files? ie Given a.java and b.java, how do I say in Ant,
if a.java is compiled then you must also compile b.java.

Have had various attempts, the problems are getting javac
to compile b.java even though b.class is later than b.java,
and using something like touch, as in Ant every rule fires
and I can't restrict the touch to occur only if a.java is compiled.

Doing this with Make would be easy, but I just don't see
how to do it with Ant... Is this a fundamental problem due
to Ant relying on javac to know whether a file needs to be
compiled?

Ian

CAZENOVE & CO.

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE:

This communication is for the attention of the
named recipient only and should not be passed
on to any other person. Information relating to
any company or security, is for information
purposes only and should not be interpreted as
a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
The information on which this communication is based
has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change
without notice.