ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject Jar updating?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:58:34 GMT
Just for fun, I'm trying to convert our company's current
build procedure to use Ant. If it works, I'll move it over properly.
One of the things we do in a few places is add/replace files within a
jar. As far as I can see, the standard jar task is only capable of
adding
files.

Firstly, is the above correct?
Secondly, if it is, does anyone else have a task which updates a jar
file,
preferrably using a filespec etc? If not, I realise I can either unjar
the
original, delete it, copy the new files over the top, then create the
jar
again - but that's considerably more hassle :)

(I'd have looked in the FAQ for this, but the link on the main Ant page
is broken as far as I can see.)

Jon