ant-user mailing list archives

From babr...@uswest.com
Subject RE: getting the value of the Target
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:15:42 GMT
One possible work around it is this.
use the -D flag of ant and write a wrapper around ant itself (like a perl
script)
So you would call this script (say its named "blah.pl") with parameter you
want (clean in your case). It would look something like this: perl blah.pl
clean
In your script you would just make this call to ant: ant -Dprop_name=$param
$param
This way it is very generic and can work for different targets

Hope it helps
boris

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Berry [mailto:christopher.berry@etrade.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 11:09 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: getting the value of the Target

Hi Nico,
I wrote a Task as you suggested. But it turns out that this information is
not available -- even to the Project itself. We can find the current target
but not the driving target. (i.e. if I execute "ant sometarget" then I would
like to get at "sometarget" somehow)

I downloaded the Ant source, and as far as I could tell from reading it,
this information is not explicitly kept anywhere during the build process.

It seems like this would be a nice enhancement for Ant2??
Cheers,
-- Chris