ant-user mailing list archives

From Jo...@axis.com.au
Subject ftp task with ms-ftpsvc
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:32:41 GMT

Hi,

I am having some trouble with the FTP task.  I want to be able to grab some
files from an NT machine that is running IIS and the MS-FTP service.  I can
connect to the machine, log in and change directories, but neither list nor
get files.  I have no troubles trying to connect to a linux machine running
(I think) wu-ftpd (which I did as a test to ensure that my script was
configured correctly).  Has anyone either had issues connecting to an NT
machine with the FTP task, or done so successfully?

My test script:

  <target name="testftp" >

    <ftp action="get"
       server="${host}"
       userid="${user}"
       password="${passwd}"
       remotedir="/wwwlog/W3SVC3/"
       verbose="yes"
       listing="${tmp}/ls.txt"

      <fileset dir="${tmp}">
        <include name="ex010416.log" />
      </fileset>
    </ftp>

  </target>

--
| John J. Lehmann, johnl@axis.com.au
+ Microsoft dismisses the criticism, attributing it to
+ a philosophical difference and arguing that its large
+ customers don't appear to mind.