ant-user mailing list archives

From Weiqi Gao <weiqi...@networkusa.net>
Subject Re: ANT used in Java Program
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 04:50:10 GMT
On 18 Apr 2001 11:39:27 +0800, Mahfudh Junaryanto wrote:

> I am wondering if ANT can be instructed to compile java source code from a
> java runtime program.

You already can do that, even without Ant.  The tricky part is that you
need the JDK, which you cannot redistribute.

> If that so, does that mean we can develop a very expandable system?

Probably.

> I am developing an interface module where message format
> is varied and new parties may come in the future with different message
> format.  I want to have one interface module specifically handling one
> message format, if a message format is not recognized than my system must be
> able to generate new .class file for that format.

How can your system generate a .class file when it cannot recognize the
file format?  It will be more natural to ask the new party for a .class
file.  At least they know the format.

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@networkusa.net