ant-user mailing list archives

From gra...@gmx.de
Subject Appending lines to .properties
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:36:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm rather new to ant, but searched the archive for a solution without
finding something that helps me. I'm trying to add some lines to an existing
properties-file using the <echo> task. Although I used several ways and
append="true", I can't get it to work the way I want it to be done.

My try:

<echo file="${file.globals}" append="true">
ContextURL=${ContextURL}
</echo>

When I write some elements like above in a target the lines become only 1
line in the output file. Can't figure out why or how. Sometimes it looks nearly
good - but the lines that already were in the file got some breaks that
weren't there before editing. At other times output looks good, but there are
empty lines between the single property lines.
So - my questions are:
Are there any other possibilities to add properties to a property file other
than writing an own task (which isn't really that complicated in this case,
isn't it?)
Is there a way to add carriage returns and/or line feeds to message
attribute of <echo>?
Are there ways I didn't think about at the moment?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Steffen Gransow

http://www.gmx.net