ant-user mailing list archives

From "M.A.Dunphy" <madun...@bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: Passing a property value by reference in an ant task
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:26:03 GMT
Ok,

here's the full listings. The first xml file is the master file and that
inturn calls the child xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="masterbuild" default="ordering-build" basedir=".">
    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <!--Create a test class path: This is used by the unit test code-->
    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <path id="mb.class.path">
        <pathelement path="${java.class.path}"/>
        <fileset dir="${basedir}">
            <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>
    </path>
    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <target name="ordering-build" description="Build the ordering
deliverables">
        <ant antfile="child.xml">
            <property name="echo" refid="mb.class.path"/>
        </ant>
    </target>
</project>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="child" default="main" basedir=".">
    <target name="main">
        <echo message="${echo}"/>
    </target>
</project>