ant-user mailing list archives

From "M.A.Dunphy" <madun...@bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: Subproject builds and a master build
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:04:32 GMT
Hi Nicolas,

Well the solution I've come up with is this:

1) Each subproject build file defines property subprojectx.class.path =
${java.class.path}

2) Thus when using this build file, the caller must have setup the
environment CLASSPATh correctly.

3) When a master build calls the sub project build, it sets the
subprojectx.class.path property as required

Anybody come up with another/better solution?

Thanks

Mick

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas LEHUEN [mailto:nicolas.lehuen@ubicco.com]
Sent: 11 April 2001 14:58
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Subproject builds and a master build

Hi,

This looks like the same problem that I have, for which I posted a question
yesterday on the list. I am highly interested in any answer you could get.

For now, I just declare the compilation output directory (with .class files)
from subprojectA in the compilation classpath of subprojectB (with a
<pathelement location="${subprojectAoutputdir}"/> directive). The problem is
that each subproject must explicitely list their dependencies in their
compilation classpath...

Regards,
Nicolas Lehuen
Head of R&D - Responsable R&D