ant-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Portier" <Marc.Port...@the-ecorp.com>
Subject RE: adding class-path to manifest
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:21:09 GMT
taking this step by step:
1. you create your build file as suggested by Isaac
 <jar
    jarfile="NameofJartoCreate.jar"

basedir="wheretojarfrom_is_a_directory_that_holds_NO_Manifest.mf_in_either_s
ubdir"
    manifest="yourManuallyEdited.mf"
 />
2. you manually edit your own Manifest file, but you don't put it in the
basedir somewhere
  _manually_ means you edit yourself the file to hold the line:
    Class-Path: struts.jar
3. instead you put it and call it as denoted in the manifest attribute of
the jar task

said all that I do understand what you're getting at, I think...
the point is that you probably already have some ${cp} property you're using
in some <target name="testrun" />
and you (well, we all, I guess) hate the idea that you manually have to sync
additional needed jars in both the build.xml and the infamous
yourManuallyEdited.mf
(by the way: the same holds for the Main-Class manifest entry that doubles
to the java classname="Main-Class" attribute, this for the java -jar
addicts)

would be interesting to understand how the jar task now generates it's own
Manifest.mf... and have a look into how that could be extended to maybe
slide in a line or 2?  (maybe it's not even the jar task doing it but the
underlaying JDK utility?)... that, or a manifest-building task preceeding
the jar task?

-marc=