ant-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Cummings <kevin.cummi...@mongoosetech.com>
Subject RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:55:07 GMT
At 03:41 PM 4/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:

> [...]

We just gave the build user read only permissions.

> >Yes, very possible. You should create one yourself. Just start an editor
>and
> >out a line like
> >
> >"SET SSDIR=\\server\share\dir\to\vss"
> >
> >in the file. You can use edit for that, just execute "edit env.bat" in the
> >directory where your build.xml lives. And yes, you must execute that file
> >everytime you open a new DOS window. You must replace the \\server... thing
> >with other settings for your local environment. Ask your system
> >administrator if you are unsure which they are.
> >
> >please correct me if iam wrong again...so "SSDIR" is suppose to be where my
> >srcsafe.ini lives in my computer right ?
>
>No, if you are using sourcesafe from a remote server it should point there.
>Here are the targets we use:
>
>    <target name="fetch" depends="setUpArgs">
>      <mkdir dir="${fetchToDir}" />
>      <exec dir="${src}" executable="ss" >
>        <env key="ssdir" value="\\puffnstuff\common\vss"/>
>        <env key="ssuser" value="build"/>
>        <arg value="get"/>
>        <arg value="$$\${fetchTarget}"/>
>        <arg value="-I-"/>
>        <arg value="${versionArgument}"/>
>        <arg value="-GTM"/>
>        <arg value="-W"/>
>        <arg value="-GL${basedir}\${fetchToDir}"/>
>      </exec>
>    </target>
>
>    <target name="fetchRecursive" depends="setUpArgs">
>      <mkdir dir="${fetchToDir}" />
>      <exec dir="${src}" executable="ss" >
>        <env key="ssdir" value="\\puffnstuff\common\vss"/>
>        <env key="ssuser" value="build"/>
>        <arg value="get"/>
>        <arg value="$$\${fetchTarget}"/>
>        <arg value="-I-"/>
>        <arg value="-R" />
>        <arg value="${versionArgument}"/>
>        <arg value="-GTM"/>
>        <arg value="-W"/>
>        <arg value="-GL${basedir}\${fetchToDir}"/>
>      </exec>
>    </target>
>
>I just put the "depends" attribute in a code. And ssdir part of the code is
>like the following;
>
><ssdir="D:/ProgramFiles/MicrosoftVisualStudio/VSS/win32" />
>
>which is suppose to be wrong. Because this is where my srcsafe.ini file
>lives. But it seems like it's working which is weird !

Well, it depends. Are you trying to access an SS DB on a remote server?? If
so, you need to point to the directory on the server where the ss.ini file
resides. The reason it seems like it's working may be because you have the
proper user information in your local ss.ini file.