ant-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Cummings <kevin.cummi...@mongoosetech.com>
Subject RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:36:34 GMT
I've snipped some parts for brevity..

>It's really long (about ten pages). The project tag loks like;
>
><project name="asi" default="main" basedir=".">
>
>and "main" executes 7 other targets. So I believe that I will be all set if
>I put " depends="get-code" " part in a code

Correct, just have the target that runs before you want to run the
sourcesafe portion depend on the sourcesafe target.

>Ok. Then every user has to modify this part in build.xml based on their own
>user names and passwords ??

We solved this problem by creating a user in sourcesafe called build that
can only get files.

>Yes, very possible. You should create one yourself. Just start an editor and
>out a line like
>
>"SET SSDIR=\\server\share\dir\to\vss"
>
>in the file. You can use edit for that, just execute "edit env.bat" in the
>directory where your build.xml lives. And yes, you must execute that file
>everytime you open a new DOS window. You must replace the \\server... thing
>with other settings for your local environment. Ask your system
>administrator if you are unsure which they are.
>
>please correct me if iam wrong again...so "SSDIR" is suppose to be where my
>srcsafe.ini lives in my computer right ?

No, if you are using sourcesafe from a remote server it should point there.
Here are the targets we use:

   <target name="fetch" depends="setUpArgs">
     <mkdir dir="${fetchToDir}" />
     <exec dir="${src}" executable="ss" >
       <env key="ssdir" value="\\puffnstuff\common\vss"/>
       <env key="ssuser" value="build"/>
       <arg value="get"/>
       <arg value="$$\${fetchTarget}"/>
       <arg value="-I-"/>
       <arg value="${versionArgument}"/>
       <arg value="-GTM"/>
       <arg value="-W"/>
       <arg value="-GL${basedir}\${fetchToDir}"/>
     </exec>
   </target>

   <target name="fetchRecursive" depends="setUpArgs">
     <mkdir dir="${fetchToDir}" />
     <exec dir="${src}" executable="ss" >
       <env key="ssdir" value="\\puffnstuff\common\vss"/>
       <env key="ssuser" value="build"/>
       <arg value="get"/>
       <arg value="$$\${fetchTarget}"/>
       <arg value="-I-"/>
       <arg value="-R" />
       <arg value="${versionArgument}"/>
       <arg value="-GTM"/>
       <arg value="-W"/>
       <arg value="-GL${basedir}\${fetchToDir}"/>
     </exec>
   </target>

HTH,
-- Kevin