ant-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Cummings <kevin.cummi...@mongoosetech.com>
Subject Re: sending mail about the build results
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:17:32 GMT
Well, you seem to be forgetting the mail server you want to use to send the
e-mail.. With your current settings, it will try and use localhost to send
the message and unless you happen to be running a mail server on your
computer that could be why it is failing. Here's the code I use:

     <mail from="distribution@mongoosetech.com"
           tolist="multiple comma seperated values"
           files="../distinfo.txt,../prod/changes.txt,future.txt"
           mailhost="smtp server"
           subject="build b000${build} uploaded"
     />

Also, for some reason the mail task will not allow you to use the message
and files attributes at the same time. When I tried this I got either one
or the other but never both. The way I solved this problem was that I
created a template called distinfo.txt and replaced certain values in the
file at build time and then the contents of all of the files are combined
in the body of the e-mail.

Good Luck,
-- Kevin