ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Leftwich <digi...@ix.net.au>
Subject Newbie question
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:40:18 GMT
I have a newbie question that I cannot find the answer to in the doco or
the archive.

I want to ensure that a project is only built under jdk1.3. I can see
several options :
a) Use a batch file/shell script file to control the build that sets the
values appropriately - but this requires that everybody always uses that
mechanism to run the build which you cannot ensure.
b) Fail the build if JAVA_HOME or ant.java.version is not correct - but the
only way I can find to do that is to write a script
(javascript/netrexx/etc) that checks the value and adds a target (or
enables a target) that does the fail - this seems overly complex.
c) Force the setting of JAVA_HOME to the appropriate place in the build
file - but I can't find a way to do this that is global in nature.

As this is a simple task I am sure there is something I am missing, hence
this email.

Thanks in advance

Robert