ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Donie <sdo...@zycor.lgc.com>
Subject CruiseControl, handles on jar files, CVS update problems
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:33:34 GMT
Lately we have had several occasions where a developer has committed an
updated JAR file to CVS, but for some reason the CruiseControl java.exe has
a handle open on that jar file, so CVS can't update it - leading to build
breaks. I have confirmed that it is the CruiseControl java.exe that is
retaining the handle to the jar file. If I shut down CC, do a manual CVS
update, then restart, everything works fine.

I am thinking this is because the jar file gets loaded when doing the javac
task, but never released, and that forking the javac task would work (if
that was an option to the Ant javac task, which it doesn't appear to be.) I
am using Ant 1.3 release.