ant-user mailing list archives

From Pinar Bicioglu <p.bicio...@CustomerDialogue.com>
Subject RE: Setting the environment varibles and specifying targets in th e <j avac> tag ??
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:55:45 GMT
I added the following part to one of the targets in build.xml file.

<target name="LifeSimulatorApplet-compile" depends="prepare">
    <javac srcdir="${src-dir}"
           destdir="${build-dir}"
           classpath="${classpath}"
           deprecation="on"
           bootclasspath="${Java118Classes}"
           target="1.1"
           optimize="off"
           includes="${LifeSimulatorApplet-compile-list}"
    />
  </target>

And it is working fine. And I have

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 12:49 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Setting the environment varibles and specifying targets in
the <j avac> tag ??

--- Pinar Bicioglu <p.bicioglu@CustomerDialogue.com> wrote:
> I have been working on executing targets with different JDKs for a while
> now. If I add
> "<property name="build.compiler" value="modern"/>" to the top of my
> xml file, all of the targets in it get executed with JDK1.3 right?.

Yes -- once you set a property, it's set project-wide.

> Then what happens if I put
>
> <target name="asi-compile" depends="prepare">
>     <javac srcdir="${src-dir}"
>            destdir="${build-dir}"
>            classpath="${classpath}"
>            deprecation="on"
>            optimize="off"
>            target="1.2"
>            bootclasspath="${Java122Classes}"
>            includes="${asi-compile-list}"
>            excludes="**/lite*.java,**/Lite*.java"/>
>   </target>

> in one of the targets in the file  while I still specify
> the <property name> tag in the tab?

The "target" attribute is just a flag to pass to 'javac' (if you run the
command 'javac --help' on a command line, you'll see the flag
description).

> And how is it related with setting the environment variables from
> control panels --> System ??

Ant properties aren't related to environment variables. (You can create a
relationship between them, but they're not automatically related.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)