ant-user mailing list archives

From Pinar Bicioglu <p.bicio...@CustomerDialogue.com>
Subject RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:41:45 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Cummings [mailto:kevin.cummings@mongoosetech.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 3:37 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe

>Ok. Then every user has to modify this part in build.xml based on their own
>user names and passwords ??

We solved this problem by creating a user in sourcesafe called build that
can only get files.

How did you create a user in sourcesafe that can get only get the files ?

>Yes, very possible. You should create one yourself. Just start an editor
and
>out a line like
>
>"SET SSDIR=\\server\share\dir\to\vss"
>
>in the file. You can use edit for that, just execute "edit env.bat" in the
>directory where your build.xml lives. And yes, you must execute that file
>everytime you open a new DOS window. You must replace the \\server... thing
>with other settings for your local environment. Ask your system
>administrator if you are unsure which they are.
>
>please correct me if iam wrong again...so "SSDIR" is suppose to be where my
>srcsafe.ini lives in my computer right ?

No, if you are using sourcesafe from a remote server it should point there.
Here are the targets we use:

   <target name="fetch" depends="setUpArgs">
     <mkdir dir="${fetchToDir}" />
     <exec dir="${src}" executable="ss" >
       <env key="ssdir" value="\\puffnstuff\common\vss"/>
       <env key="ssuser" value="build"/>
       <arg value="get"/>
       <arg value="$$\${fetchTarget}"/>
       <arg value="-I-"/>
       <arg value="${versionArgument}"/>
       <arg value="-GTM"/>
       <arg value="-W"/>
       <arg value="-GL${basedir}\${fetchToDir}"/>
     </exec>
   </target>

   <target name="fetchRecursive" depends="setUpArgs">
     <mkdir dir="${fetchToDir}" />
     <exec dir="${src}" executable="ss" >
       <env key="ssdir" value="\\puffnstuff\common\vss"/>
       <env key="ssuser" value="build"/>
       <arg value="get"/>
       <arg value="$$\${fetchTarget}"/>
       <arg value="-I-"/>
       <arg value="-R" />
       <arg value="${versionArgument}"/>
       <arg value="-GTM"/>
       <arg value="-W"/>
       <arg value="-GL${basedir}\${fetchToDir}"/>
     </exec>
   </target>

I just put the "depends" attribute in a code. And ssdir part of the code is
like the following;

<ssdir="D:/ProgramFiles/MicrosoftVisualStudio/VSS/win32" />

which is suppose to be wrong. Because this is where my srcsafe.ini file
lives. But it seems like it's working which is weird !