ant-user mailing list archives

From Pinar Bicioglu <p.bicio...@CustomerDialogue.com>
Subject RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:22:25 GMT
Sorry for the confusion. ! I gave the details above.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Seessle [mailto:nico@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 1:14 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: pulling out the code from SourceSafe

I'm quoting both of you messages here.

What do you mean with "when I compile it"? What are you doing to compile
what?

I meant when I write "ant" in a DOS window in order to run the targets in my
build.xml file.

And why are you saying "it works actually" when above the snippet you said
"I can't get vssget part running"?

Is it running, or is it not?

It is running but I am not sure that it's running in a correct way. I am
thinking maybe it just ignores that piece of code.

That it is not asking for the username and the password is expected
behaviour. Why should it do so if you put your username and password in the
build.xml? (Please do *not* try to remove them - it will try to do a login
with the Username you used to logon to Windows, but it will not (in a
visible and usable way) ask for the password!)

So it's fine whatever I write in login part. It takes the username and
password that the programmer uses to login to his/her own computer ?

> And waht's the deal with running "env.bat" file before I run ant ? Why and
> how should I do that ?

Why: To set the environment variable SSDIR which will point VSS to the
correct repository
How: Simply by executing "env.bat" on the command line before calling Ant

Is it possible that I don't have "env.bat". I seem not to find it on my
computer?? And I am suppose to execute it everytime i need to run "ant"
right ?

Note however that you do *not* need to do that if you use one of the
"nightly builds" (also called Ant 1.4alpha). There you could use the
attribute "serverPath" to point vssget to the right repository.

I'am using ant1.3 which I downloaded from the company's network for now.
Thanks for the info though.