ant-user mailing list archives

From Pinar Bicioglu <p.bicio...@CustomerDialogue.com>
Subject RE: property names
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:59:23 GMT
This helped a lot !

Thanks :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 12:36 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: property names

A property is a way to associate a value with a name that can then be
referenced by that name, using the form ${property_name}. The property
name is whatever you want to call it, although it's usually a good idea to
call it something that says something about the value it holds. For
example, a property to hold the path to the top of the source tree might
be called "srcdir". Properties are used to allow for a variable value or
as a means of having a short-hand way of referring to something.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)