ant-user mailing list archives

From Pinar Bicioglu <p.bicio...@CustomerDialogue.com>
Subject RE: Can't find the files
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 21:09:51 GMT

ExcludedFileKeys=0

and the other has the similar one.
So what should I do?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anuj Agrawal [mailto:agrawal@lucent.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 5:13 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can't find the files

1. What are those 3 properties files?  I don't know.  What's in them?

2. Generally - any kind of machine dependent properties (like paths etc)
should
be placed in some properties file (i.e. outside of build.xml - which should
be
kept generic).  Then you "include" the property file in build.xml.

3. The same goes for deployment.  The files that have deployment extension
really should be something like deploy.properties.  The reason for this is
so
that you can specify a different deployment directory than your build
directory
(as an example).

If i recall correctly, the original problem was that you had some kind of
machine dependent path info in your  build.xml file, and someone suggested
using
an external properties file.

Anuj.