ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey A Kenward" <>
Subject Re: Task from a task?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:04:50 GMT
Perhaps I was unclear.

What I meant was to call 'ant' and I didn't know the directory it was in,
but I knew what it was called.

For instance, if I had build.xml in /x, and there was another created
dynamically somewhere down in the directory tree, how would 'ant' find it?

I'm trying to use the Style command to find a set of pre-build xml files,
transform them into build files, and then call 'ant' on them.  The problem
is that these pre-build files may or may not exist, so I want to
dynamically call 'ant' on the ones it finds.

Kevin Cummings wrote:

> <ant antfile="util.xml" target="prepare" />
> or
> <ant antfile="util.xml"/>
> At 04:52 PM 4/30/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >What's the best way to invoke a task from another task?
> >
> >For instance, I'm trying to write a task to search for build files
> >further down in the build tree and invoke the ANT task on it once it's
> >found.
> >
> >-Jeff

View raw message