ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff" <je...@fl.ensco.com>
Subject Re: Includes within ANT
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:59:57 GMT

> 5. I don't want every build.xml file to contain hard-coded references to the
> infrastructure - for example:
>
> <property name="infradrive" value="k:/infra_v1_1_2" />
> <property name="WeblogicVer" value="5.1.0" />
> <property name="BEA Dir" value="BEAProducts" />

Look at the proprty task, you can pull in property values from a file.
<property file="${user.home}/.ant-global.properties"/>

>From the docs:
When a property was set by the user, or was a property in a parent project (that
started this project with the ant task), then this property cannot be set, and
will be ignored. This means that properties set outside the current project
always override the properties of the current project.