ant-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Prouvost <olivier.prouv...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Cvs task not running ?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:54:22 GMT

I repost all mails about this problem... I put it under the login
problem posted on monday....

Here is the history.... from the beginning to the last  answer from
stefan...

Hello,

I've got a target to get my files from cvs... It was working well until
I used the ant1.3 version...

What could be the reason, the cvs task do absolutely nothing when
called... while the cvs command is ok in my schell command ??

Here is my task :

   <target name="cvs" depends="prepare">
      <!-- All files are copyed in VX.Y/tmp/produits -->
      <echo message="cvs update xxx" />
      <cvs CvsRoot=":pserver:production@10.0.0.4:/home/cvsroot"
dest="${tmpDir}" command="checkout" package="produits/xxx"/>
   </target>

Thanks for help...

> And I confirm... If I run this task using Ant 1.2, it works
> well..... !!  Is it a bug ?

If my proposed solution works, it is a known (and bugzilla recorded)
bug in the 1.3 binary distribution.

Stefan

Olivier Prouvost <olivier.prouvost@anyware-tech.com> wrote:

> I've got a target to get my files from cvs... It was working well
> until I used the ant1.3 version...

I guess you need to remove the cariage return characters from
ANT_HOME/bin/antRun - and it should work.

Stefan

Do you mean, the file shall become like that :

#! /bin/sh
# Args: DIR command
cd "$1"
CMD="$2"
shift
shift
exec $CMD "$@"

I removed the empty lines before the cd and exec lines.

I tried... it does not work...

How this empty lines could cause a problem ?

Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> Olivier Prouvost <olivier.prouvost@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
>
> > And I confirm... If I run this task using Ant 1.2, it works
> > well..... !!  Is it a bug ?
>
> If my proposed solution works, it is a known (and bugzilla recorded)
> bug in the 1.3 binary distribution.
>
> Stefan

  Olivier Prouvost     Anyware Technologies
  Tel : 05 61 00 52 90 Fax : 05 61 00 51 46
  Web : http://www.anyware-tech.com