ant-user mailing list archives

From David Corbin <dcor...@imperitek.com>
Subject Chicken and the Egg
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2001 11:20:07 GMT
I like to have the build system verify (and "install" if necessary) that
various third-party librarys are available.  I have one particular
build.xml that does this.  One of these third-party libraries is junit.
The main build.xml uses the junit task.  This main build.xml invokes ant
on the second one.  If junit was not previously installed, then the main
one fails because junit was installed AT THE TIME it was invoked.

Short of moving the junit target/task out of the main build.xml (which
will required duplicating various property and path definitions), is
there a way to make this work correctly?
--
David Corbin
dcorbin@imperitek.com