ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: ANT used in Java Program
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:10:32 GMT
Hi,

At 11:21  18/4/01 +0200, Marc Portier wrote:
>is interesting topic though... would make intersting article for a big
>audience to pin down 'the pattern'
>anyone else with any leads in the good direction?
>
>By the way I take it there is some impact on the classloaders as well?
>(what if a new version of a previously build message comes in? restart?)

It is a very interesting pattern and there is really two versions of it.
One for XSP/JSP pattern and one for the sitemap pattern. A while back on
Cocoon list a post was made ... I snipped a bit from it below for your
reading pleasure ;)

Ricardo Rocha <ricardo@apache.org> wrote:
A bit off-topic:
  This brings to mind a technology that I've found intriguing
  in regard to component-oriented programming: supercompilation
  (http://www.supercompilers.com/scpj.htm)

  The basic idea behind supercompilation is avoiding the runtime overhead of
  object composition by optimizing the composition configuration, generating
  it as source code and then using the language's standard compiler (with its
  own optimizations).

  This is pretty close to what C2 does with sitemap compilation!

Cheers,

Pete