ant-user mailing list archives

From David Scassa <dsca...@journee.com>
Subject Build ID Generation
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:34:42 GMT
Can someone post an example of the following:

1. Generate a build-specific ID tag upon standard execution of a compile
target.

To be more clear: I have no problem generating a TimeStamp, but I don't know
how to generate
a numbered build. (e.g. Build_042501_T for test build, or Build_042501_P for
production build.)

Now, I'm not asking anyone to do my work for me, so a push or hint in the
right direction is enough for me to get me started.

I would like to use Ant and java-related tasks instead of the usual CYGWIN
toolset and Perl. I have a myriad of .sh,.pl, and .cmd scripts that rely on
the CYGWIN toolset. I'd like to get away from this dependancy.

-David