ant-user mailing list archives

From d...@lexmark.com
Subject Using compiled classes later in build?
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:44:51 GMT

Hi everyone.

I am using Ant to build my web app.  After building all my classes, I try to
pre-compile my jsp's with JspC (Tomcat).  This is fine for some of the jsp's,
but those which have custom tags which were compiled in the previous step come
out with a size of 0!

I believe the problem is something to do with using the compiled classes later
in the build, but I do not understand why this would be a problem.  I have moved
the pre-compile stage to another target, put some copying in between them so it
doesn't happen immediately after the compile, but to no effect.  I HAVE got
around the problem by simply running Ant twice, the first time to compile the
classes, and the second time (immediately, in build.bat) to pre-compile the
jsp's.

It seems like there should be a way to do this in go!!

Has anyone run into the problem, got around it, or understand it?!

Many thanks,

Dave