ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: getting stdout from tasks
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:17:46 GMT
> Laramie Crocker <laramie_crocker@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to get stdout from a task (either exec or an
> > extension of org.apache.tools.ant.Task) such that I can set a
> > property with the output?
>
> Short of writing your onw task? Don't think so.
>
> The easiest way probably is to make the task write the output to a
> file (exec has an out attribute for this) and then write a simple task
> that reads this file and sets a property from it.

If you're not into writing a task to do it, you could do something like:
<target name="setprop">
  <exec executable="echo" output="today.properties">
    <arg value="-n"/>
    <arg value="today="/>
  </exec>
  <exec executable="sh">
    <arg line="-c &quot; date +%A &gt;&gt; today.properties &quot;"/>
  </exec>
</target>

then just read today.properties in with the regular <property file=...>

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)