ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting the environment varibles and specifying targets in the <j avac> tag ??
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:48:38 GMT
--- Pinar Bicioglu <p.bicioglu@CustomerDialogue.com> wrote:
> I have been working on executing targets with different JDKs for a while
> now. If I add
> "<property name="build.compiler" value="modern"/>" to the top of my
> xml file, all of the targets in it get executed with JDK1.3 right?.

Yes -- once you set a property, it's set project-wide.

> Then what happens if I put
>
> <target name="asi-compile" depends="prepare">
>     <javac srcdir="${src-dir}"
>            destdir="${build-dir}"
>            classpath="${classpath}"
>            deprecation="on"
>            optimize="off"
>            target="1.2"
>            bootclasspath="${Java122Classes}"
>            includes="${asi-compile-list}"
>            excludes="**/lite*.java,**/Lite*.java"/>
>   </target>

> in one of the targets in the file  while I still specify
> the <property name> tag in the tab?

The "target" attribute is just a flag to pass to 'javac' (if you run the
command 'javac --help' on a command line, you'll see the flag
description).

> And how is it related with setting the environment variables from
> control panels --> System ??

Ant properties aren't related to environment variables. (You can create a
relationship between them, but they're not automatically related.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)