ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: complie a program in C?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 00:49:56 GMT
--- Aarti Chandnani <> wrote:
> I am new to ANT and I want to know if we can complie C programs using
> ant? can we use something like exec for this? Or is there anything else?
> Has anyone done this before?

>From the description for the Apply task:

  <apply executable="cc" dest="src/C" parallel="false">
    <arg value="-c"/>
    <arg value="-o"/>
    <fileset dir="src/C" includes="*.c"/>
    <mapper type="glob" from="*.c" to="*.o"/>

  invokes cc -c -o TARGETFILE SOURCEFILE for each .c file that is
  newer than the corresponding .o, replacing TARGETFILE with the
  absolute filename of the .o and SOURCEFILE with the absolute name
  of the .c file.

See the full description of the Apply task in the Ant User's Manual,
bundled with the release, and also available on-line at:

Do You Yahoo!?